Thursday, February 24, 2011

Life's Simple Pleasures

I've been doing A LOT of complaining lately. Saying moving out to Hawaii was a big change would be an understatement for me. I miss my home and my friends so bad sometimes my whole body aches. I know, I know, everyone says, "how can you be bummed when it is a gorgeous 78 outside and you can go to the beach whenever you want?" While this is true it still is taking me some time to adjust and learn to love where I am and the experience we are having. I was having one of these days this week when my sweet son came in wearing my shoes to make me feel better.
(Sorry for the picture quality, my phone was the only thing handy)



Who could be bummed looking at a face like that?

The next day I drove to this place so we could both taste a little joy. It was WAY worth the hour+ drive :)...


4 comments:

amelia said...

Sharla, it's Amelia...found your blog off FB :) I think I told you we went to the North Shore this summer with GJ's mom and sis...Marva and Gregg lived in Hawaii for a few years after college and she told me the same thing, how hard it was to be away from family and friends. Ha, I didn't believe her until I went out there. And I can totally see it. No matter the location, it's easy to get lonely in that circumstance, especially when you don't have a lot of other young couples around. I'm thinking of you and glad you can enjoy the adventures! Much love.

PAUL + ALICIA+CAPRI said...

cheer up charlie! Im back and we are gonna have a great weekend!

Jlhart said...

Miss you guys bunches! Glad we can Skype!

heather said...

i don't blame you at all. i don't think it matters WHERE you are if you have friends around you. what you're doing is a huge sacrifice (even in hawaii), but i also think it will totally be worth it in the end and go by super fast. hang in there. we love you guys!